May 21, 2002
DAR ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 02-02
SUBJECT : Institutionalization of the Center For Land Use Policy, Planning and Implementation (CLUPPI)
To effectively implement the provisions of Executive Order (EO) Nos. 129-A and 229 (1987), Republic Act (RA) No. 6657 as amended by RA No. 7881, RA No. 8435, EO 45 (2001), DAR Administrative Order (AO) No. 01 (2002), and to provide effective means for the expeditious resolution of protest cases, applications for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion of properties from CARP coverage, DAR foresees the need to institutionalize and strengthen the Center for Land Use Policy, Planning and Implementation (CLUPPI). ACcHIa
The CLUPPI shall serve basically as the "one-stop-shop" which shall handle all matters regarding land use conversion, exemption and exclusion. Specifically, the primary functions of the CLUPPI are as follows:
a. Formulate and recommend policies, implement rules and regulations related to land use conversion of agricultural lands into non-agricultural uses, exemption and exclusion of properties from CARP coverage. AHDTIE
b. Undertake the review, evaluation and processing of all applications for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion, motion for reconsideration, petition for revocation of land use conversion order, forfeiture of any security offered to ensure compliance or any other matter incidental to the same, and to recommend the approval or disapproval thereof.
c. Conduct ocular inspection or verification of the area being applied for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion.
d. Coordinate and maintain continuing dialogue with government officials and other national government agencies such as the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA), Department of Agriculture (DA), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), Department of Tourism (DOT), Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB), Housing and Urban Development and Coordinating Council (HUDCC), and other concerned agencies and local government units on the matter of land use policies and land use planning, and with concerned non-government organizations (NGOs), peoples organizations (POs) and farmers or farmworkers affected by the applications for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion. ASEcHI
e. Convene regular Committee meetings including coordination and follow-up courses of action agreed upon during these meetings.
f. Monitor status of all applications for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion.
g. Exercise other functions as directed by the Secretary or his authorized representative to promote efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of public service particularly on the matter of land use conversion, exemption and exclusion, land use policies and land use planning.
A. NATIONAL LEVEL
1. The Center for Land Use Policy, Planning and Implementation (CLUPPI) shall be under the direct supervision of the Assistant Secretary for Policy, Planning and Legal Affairs.
2. Under the supervision of the Assistant Secretary for Policy and Planning and Legal Affairs, an Executive Director shall be designated by the Secretary to oversee and manage the operations of the CLUPPI.
3. The CLUPPI shall be staffed by a Secretariat composed of regular DAR personnel who are planners, engineers, legal officers, specialists, program officers, technical and administrative staff who shall be hired based on the required qualifications and relevant work experience.
4. The CLUPPI shall have two (2) main groups to carry out its functions and responsibilities:
• CLUPPI-1, to handle processing of applications for land use conversion involving more than five (5) hectares, and other related tasks on land use policy and planning. EcICDT
• CLUPPI-2, responsible for processing of applications for exemption and exclusion, involving more than five (5) hectares, or other protests from coverage and the lifting of notice of coverage relative thereto.
5. The CLUPPI-1 and CLUPPI-2 shall be assisted by Committees each composed of designated members and headed by a Chairman designated by the Secretary.
B. REGIONAL LEVEL
1. The Regional Center for Land Use Policy, Planning and Implementation (RCLUPPI) shall be reconstituted in all Regional Offices of the DAR under the direct supervision of the Regional Director.
2. The Regional Director shall designate the highest official in the Region other than himself as head of the RCLUPPI Committee. Such head shall be assisted by two (2) regular Regional DAR personnel with a salary grade of twenty-four (SG-24) as members of the Committee and one (1) to two (2) persons as Secretariat/Administrative Staff. The concerned PARO may be invited to the deliberation of the application for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion.
3. The RCLUPPI shall handle the review, evaluation and processing of applications for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion involving five (5) hectares and below.
4. The Regional Director shall be the approving authority for applications for land use conversion, exemption and exclusion involving five (5) hectares and below.
• The RCLUPPI, through the Regional Director shall submit quarterly status reports of land use conversion and quarterly status reports of exemption and exclusion to the CLUPPI-1 Secretariat and CLUPPI-2 Secretariat, respectively, at the DAR Central Office. aHTEIA
IV. TRANSITORY PROVISIONS
The provisions of this AO referring to exemption and exclusion shall not take effect until and after the AO amending the existing AO on exemption and exclusion such as AO 6 (1994), AO 10 (1994), AO 13 (1990), AO 9 (1993) , AO 3 (1995), MC 25 (1997), are promulgated.
In the meantime, the procedures under the existing AOs on exemption and exclusion shall continue to be enforced.
All existing applications shall continue to be processed under the AO in effect at the time the applications were filed.
V. REPEALING CLAUSE
This order takes effect ten (10) days after its publication in two (2) newspapers of national circulation. AcIaST
Diliman, Quezon City, May 21, 2002.
(SGD.) HERNANI A. BRAGANZA
Published in two (2) newspapers of national circulation:
1. THE PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER
Date of Publication - May 27, 2002