February 17, 1989
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 348
APPROVING AND ADOPTING THE PHILIPPINE DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR WOMEN FOR 1989 TO 1992
WHEREAS, Article II, Section 14, of the 1987 Constitution provides that "The State recognizes the role of women in nation-building, and shall ensure the fundamental equality before the law of women and men;"
WHEREAS, the Philippine Development Plan for Women for 1989 to 1992 was formulated through the efforts of various government agencies and non-governmental organizations;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, CORAZON C. AQUINO, President of the Philippines, do hereby approve and adopt the "Philippine Development Plan for Women for 1989 to 1992," hereinafter referred to as the Plan, and order that:
1. All government departments, bureaus, offices, agencies and instrumentalities, including government-owned or controlled corporations, are enjoined to take appropriate steps to ensure the full implementation of the programs and projects outlined in the Plan.
2. The National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women (NCRFW), in coordination with the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), shall monitor the implementation of the plan by various government agencies. It shall likewise monitor the plan's periodic assessment and updating and, for this purpose, the NCRFW may call upon the assistance of any department, bureau, office, agency, or instrumentality of the government, including government-owned or controlled corporations. Non-governmental organizations and private entities are urged to assist in the monitoring of the implementation, assessment and updating of the Plan.
3. An appropriated focal point for women's concerns or any other similar mechanism shall be constituted in each department, bureau, office, agency, or instrumentality of the government, including government-owned or controlled corporations, to ensure the implementation and monitoring of implementation, review and updating of programs and projects identified for each sector.
4. The NCRFW is hereby authorized, upon consultation with the President, to issue orders, circulars or guidelines as may be necessary in the implementation, coordination and monitoring of the Plan, as well as in its assessment and updating. For these purposes, the NCRFW may constitute the appropriate inter-agency committees.
5. The initial amount necessary to implement the Plan for Calendar Year 1989 shall be charged against the appropriate funds of the government agencies concerned and from any available lump sum fund under Republic Act No. 6688 as may be determined by the Department of Budget and Management. Appropriations for succeeding years shall be incorporated in the budget proposals for Congressional action.
6. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
DONE in the City of Manila, this 17th day of February, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Nine.
Published in the Official Gazette, Vol. 85 No. 17 Page 3075 on April 24, 1989.