June 28, 2000
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 258
PRESCRIBING TIME STANDARDS IN THE ISSUANCE OF PERMITS FOR HOUSING PROJECTS
WHEREAS, the President declared mass housing as the centerpiece program of the Estrada administration through the issuance of Executive Order No. 159 dated 12 October 1999; and,
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 159 (s. 1999) as amended by Executive Order 216 (s. 2000) further strengthened the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council and mandated it to coordinate and monitor the activities of all government agencies undertaking housing projects, including those of local government units, to ensure the accomplishment of the government's housing program. cdasia
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH EJERCITO ESTRADA, President of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order:
SECTION 1. Prescribing Time Standards for the Issuance of Housing Permits. — The following agencies of the national government shall adopt the following time standards in the issuance of permits for housing projects:
a. Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board
• Zoning Certification and Indorsements within five (5) days upon receipt of completed application.
• Certificates of Registration (CR) and Licenses to Sell (LTS) within thirty (30) days upon receipt of completed application.
b. Department of Agriculture
• Certifications stating eligibility for reclassification of agricultural lands, including the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) and Philippine Coconut Authority (PCA) certifications, within ten (10) days upon receipt of application and by the DA-Regional Field Unit. llcd
c. Department of Agrarian Reform
• Conversion Order (CO) applications within thirteen (13) days upon receipt of completed application.
d. Department of Environment and Natural Resources
• National Integrated Protected Area System (NIPAS) Certification stating whether the project area is within or outside the NIPAS, within five (5) days upon receipt of completed application.
• Issuance of Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC) and Environmental Clearance (EC) applications within forty-five (45) days of application.
• Verified survey returns within fifteen (15) days upon submission of survey returns to the DENR.
e. Laguna Lake Development Authority (DENR attached)
• LLDA Clearance for areas within its jurisdiction within fifteen (15) days upon receipt of completed application and conduct of inspection. prcd
f. Land Registration Authority (DOJ attached)
• Titles of lots of approved housing projects within fifteen (15) days upon receipt of completed application.
g. Local Government Units
• Issuance of Development Permits within thirty (30) days upon receipt of completed application.
SECTION 2. Formulation of Implementing Guidelines and Monitoring. — The HUDCC, together with the concerned agencies, shall formulate the implementing guidelines of this order within 45 days from the date of effectivity of this order. The HUDCC and DILG shall monitor the compliance of the concerned national government agencies and the local government units, respectively, with the provision of this Order. In this regard, the HUDCC and DILG shall submit regular reports to the Presidential Commission on Mass Housing (PCMH). cda
The HUDCC and DILG may call on the support and assistance of other government agencies, bureaus and instrumentalities, including private sector organizations, in the implementation of this Order.
SECTION 3. Separability Clause. — In the event any provision hereof is declared invalid by any competent court or tribunal, the other provisions hereof unaffected thereby shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 4. Effectivity. — This order shall take effect immediately. cdrep
DONE in the City of Manila, this 28th day of June, in the year of Our Lord, Twenty Hundred.