July 21, 1995
DAR MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 18-95
TO : All DAR Regional Directors, Provincial and Municipal Agrarian Reform Officers and Other Officials and Persons Concerned
SUBJECT : Supplementary Instructions and Interim Guidelines on the Bidding and Award of CARP Survey Projects and in Tracking said Projects
Periodic feedbacks from practicing Geodetic Engineers of CARP Survey projects revealed certain weaknesses in the DAR bidding and awarding system which need to be corrected.
In order to strengthen the system and improve the processes in the conduct of project bidding and pending the issuance by the DAR of the Comprehensive Rules and Revised Procedures on the Bidding and Awarding of CARP Survey Projects, these supplementary instructions an interim guidelines are hereby issued for the guidance and compliance of all concerned.
A. ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS ON PUBLICATION OF PROJECTS TO BE BIDDED
A. For Regions II, III, IV, V, and CAR the required publication of the bidding shall be in the local (regional or provincial) newspapers and/or a national newspapers of general circulation. This is to enable qualified bidders from the National Capital Region (NCR) and other regions with more than enough GE practitioners to take part in the public bidding.
B. For all other regions, the required publication may be limited to the local (regional or provincial) newspapers only in order to ensure expediency and economy. The DAR Regional or Provincial management however, shall retain the option to include the publication in national newspapers if the large number of survey project or modules will justify the participation of more bidders.
B. INSTRUCTION ON CLASSIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS
1. Contractors shall be classified as follows:
Category Maximum Minimum No. Years
No. of Projects No. of Transits Experience
A 4 4 4 years
B 3 3 3 years
C 2 2 2 years
D 1 1 1 year
1. A KDM instrument shall be counted as 3 transits. An Experience shall be counted from the time of the registration as Licensed GE.
2. If the number of bidders is more than the number of projects, only one project shall be awarded to each contractor regardless of his category.
3. The Regional GEP shall determine the category of a contractor. In the determination of contractor's category the GEP shall consider the financial capacity of such contractor. The contractor's category shall be among the information to be included in the certificate of accreditation to be issued by the GEP to the concerned bidder for presentation to DAR. CHATEa
C. GOVERNMENT ESTIMATE OF PROJECT COST AND PAYMENT
1. To ensure a reasonable and fair estimate of the cost of the survey project the DAR shall include in addition to activity costing, such factors as the project's location, its accessibility, availability of transport, nature of the terrain and other factors that may affect field operations.
2. To effect facility and economy in the survey operations, each project module shall as much as possible be limited to landholdings which are adjacent to each other, or located in the same barangay or within the same municipality.
3. If the final number of lots/hectares is less than that in the contract and there are no more additional areas which can be substituted to full in the shortage within ten (10) days from completion of the project. DAR shall take the corresponding payments promptly for work actually accomplished.
D. ON THE BIDDER'S BONDS
1. A pre-qualification bond is not necessary and shall not be required in as much as the required Bidder's bond equivalent to at least five percent (5%) of the bid is sufficient to guarantee winning bidder's entering into a contract with DAR.
E. FAILURE OF BIDDING
1. There is failure of bidding under any of the following situations:
a. There is no winning bid;
b. There are not enough bidders pre-qualified;
c. The pre-qualified bidders/participants failed to drop or submit their bids at the place, time and date of bidding; and
d. Other situations provided by law.
2. A re-bidding shall be held in case there is failure of bidding. Postponement of the bidding. If warranted, by circumstances, shall not be considered as failures of bidding.
3. Note: Original copy for the Records Division is not legible.
F. CLASSIFICATION OF THE TIME FRAME
1. The period within which is execute and completed the survey project shall be counted only up to the date of actual submittal of the acceptable survey returned to the DENR-LMS, excluding the time for DAR's review thereof and the period of DENR-LMS verification and approval.
2. Any correction work required from the Contractor after the date of submittal of the survey returns to the DENR-LMS shall be the responsibility of the GEP organization if not promptly affected by the contractor, pursuant to the MOA by and between the DAR and the GEP dated 24 March 1993.
3. In making the estimate of the time frame, DAR shall include factors like the project's location, accessibility, the availability of transport, nature and the terrain and other factors that may affect field operations.
G. OTHER INSTRUCTIONS
1. DAR shall properly screen proposed projects to be bidded in order to ensure the exclusion of projects already surveyed and landholding whose technical descriptions are defective and do not form a closed polygon.
2. DAR shall ensure constant availability of its personnel to the contractor during the actual execution of the field survey.
3. The technical supervision and inspection of all survey projects shall be done by DAR technical personnel. However, if DAR lacks the technical personnel in some it its offices, a formal request may be made to the nearest DENR office to perform the technical inspection/supervision subject to reimbursement of actual expenses that may be incurred by DENR pursuant to paragraph B.3 of the DAR-DENR Memorandum of Agreement dated 25 May 1993. AaIDCS
This Memorandum Circular shall take effect immediately.
Quezon City 21 July, 1995.
(SGD.) JOSE NOEL B. OLANO
Undersecretary for Field Operations Group