March 9, 2000
DAR MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 03-00
TO : All Officials, Bureau Directors, Regional Directors, Provincial Agrarian Reform
Officers, And All Others Concerned
SUBJECT : Guidelines In The Conduct Of Dialogue At The Central Office
1. Concerned/Interested PO/NGO shall:
• prepare the request for dialogue which shall be forwarded to the Director-SCS for evaluation;
2. The SCS shall: ISDHcT
• conduct preliminary interview and deliberation of the issues to be presented and gather basic and relevant information, analyze, and determine the merits of the plaints/case;
• coordinate with the concerned office (Central or Field) to obtain verification of the accuracy regarding the status of the case;
• identify positive value as a basis to recommend if a dialogue is necessary;
• schedule the dialogue either on the afternoon of a Tuesday or Thursday at the HRD Training Center or an available alternative venue;
• prepare the Case Brief;
• coordinate with the concerned Officials needed for the dialogue and furnish them copies of the case brief two to three days before the scheduled dialogue;
• confirm the date and venue of the dialogue with the PO/NGO.
1. The SCS shall:
• inform the Intelligence Command and Security Unit (ICSU) that the DAR and a certain group is expected to have a dialogue;
• a background on the farmer's group shall also be given by SCS to ICSU.
• take charge in the venue coordination, arrangements and documentation;
2. OSEC, FOSSO, PPLAO, BALA, DARAB, and PAS shall send their representative to attend the dialogue;
1. The SCS shall:
• furnish the office concerned regarding the DAR Officials as well as NGOs specific agreements/commitments made during the dialogue and the respective time frame;
• monitor the compliance to the commitments made;
2. The Offices concerned shall furnish the SCS updates of the cases;
3. The FOSSO, OSEC, PPLAO, SCS, DARAB, and PAS desk officers shall meet at least once a week for updating the case and discuss necessary actions toward case resolution;
4. The Security Guards shall ensure that no group shall be allowed to enter the DAR premises after 5:00 p.m. unless requested by the Director, SCS. TAHIED
9, March 2000, Diliman, Quezon City.
(SGD.) HORACIO R. MORALES JR.